Welcome to the Practice WCS site! In short: this site is designed to collect practice tips and drills for west coast swing dancers. I hope that this page will become a resource for our whole dance community!
The blog categories, which can be accessed through the menu above, should help you find the information you want:
- Drills are practice exercises designed to focus on a specific dance skill. If you are looking for a specific skill, exercises that you can do without a partner, or anything else in particular, you can use the tag cloud to find those posts.
- Concepts are ideas or principles about dancing; these pages provide an overview of a topic or helpful background information. If you read about an idea in a drill and want a fuller explanation, these pages are for you!
- Practice Theory posts contain interesting information about how to practice. These posts include scientific research on practice strategies and practical suggestions about developing the habit of practice. I’m fascinated by practice as its own topic, and these pages are where I share some of my discoveries with you.
- Ask the Readers posts are open questions for the Practice WCS community. They may include questions submitted by readers or discussions that developed in the comments for another post.
- Grab Bag posts are off the beaten path. These posts may include news about the west coast swing community or videos of jaw-dropping dancing, but they may also feature funny comics or links that I want to share. Who knows what I will post next? The mystery is part of the fun!
- Finally, Administrivia posts include site announcements, policies, and other administrative notes.
If you are looking for a specific post, you can use the search feature at the top of the page or use the tag cloud on the sidebar.
Finally, I’ll collect some of the best-received posts on the site in the sidebar. If you’re looking for where to start exploring, check out those posts!
Thank you for coming to Practice WCS!